This business offers group and private electric bike tours around beautiful Boulder, Colorado! Offering a full time living with a 9-month season, this established tour company delivers exciting tour experiences for thousands of guests each year. This is an opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds Boulder, and make a great living while doing it!
Part-time tour guides lead guests on established tour routes in and around Boulder. Bookings are done online through the company website, or any number of travel sites where the company has great ratings and reviews! The owner manages staffing and administration, and has part-time employees handle the front-end work, from booking guests to leading the tours. A new owner could continue this setup, or choose to be more hands on and drive up margins.
Seeking new challenges, physical limitations means it is time to move on.
Owner will stay and train new owner(s) during transition period.
The fleet of bikes are top of the line, easy to learn for riders of various abilities and fitness levels. Riders always compliment the smooth comfortable ride; one guest described it as “riding a beachball down the street!”
Equipment is well maintained and all batteries were replaced last year – bikes can handle up to 3 tours per day on a single charge. Bikes are easily stored in a branded box truck – no physical location required to keep overhead low.
The business systems are well-defined and documented. Listings on travel sites are up to date, the website generates organic traffic that results in a regular stream of new tour bookings – averaging nearly 2000 guests per year!
5 Stars and 150+ reviews on TripAdvisor!
4.9 Rating on Google!
Bookings have grown steadily since COVID and those trends are expected to continue. Current owner raised prices for 2023 season and does not project any impact on total booking numbers – so there is revenue growth built in this year!
• Solid lifestyle business – full-time earnings for 9 months of work. Take the winters off or expand offerings to suit your needs.
• Flexibility to be more hands-on or continue using strong business systems to operate using part-time employees.
• Low overhead and no physical location.
• Tour guides enjoy the work and many return season after season – less hiring and training, better more consistent results for the business.
• Simple technology solutions means managing issues is simple and straightforward.
• Distinctive look of the bikes means they’re well recognized and appreciated around town.
• Upgraded batteries have five year lifespan and can support one more tour than is currently offered.
• New batteries can handle 3 tours per day – but the business currently runs 2. Easily add a third tour for instant revenue opportunities.
• Expand to other communities well suited for this business model. Owner has identified several that would fit.
• Market to local businesses and corporate groups to drive private and corporate tour programs.
• Connect with local event planners to offer custom tour services for businesses or conference attendees.
• Increase offerings including “Bike & Hike” tours, local art tours, food & beverage tours.