As one of Colorado’s premier meat processors, this business specializes in the harvesting and processing of beef and buffalo for area farmers, ranchers, and end-consumers who prefer to stock their freezers with custom or grass-fed meat.
Licensed as Custom Exempt they do not own or re-sell the meat; they are purely processors. Not having to manage any procurement, retail, or wholesale, they have honed their skillset, focus, and reputation on their specialty trade and high-quality service. And it shows! They are currently fully booked through the year 2022, with a waitlist to spare.
This 50+ year old business is a steadfast and valued member of its small-town community, located in prime Colorado ranchland. Its hometown features other agriculture-support businesses, other product and service resources, K-12 education facilities, and easy access to Colorado’s populous Front Range and Denver metro area.
Owner willing to stay and train new owner(s).
The facilities include office space, customer service area, processing
room, harvest room, cooling rooms, freezer space, and an out-building.
- Strong customer loyalty and repeat business
- High-quality service reputation
- Competitive pricing
- Custom Exempt licensing status: no on-site inspector and less government oversight.
- Transition to a federally inspected processing plant with an on-site inspector with minimal changes needed to the physical facilities.
- Construct additional cooling space on the current property to further expand capacity.
- Hire additional help and add a second shift to meet the already unmet demand of ~200 more animals per year (backlog), plus accommodate any new business generated.